Operations Analyst (They/She/He)
Operations, Barcelona, Spain
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas and diverse perspectives and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Your work-life opportunity:
Join us and become a key member of Glovo's Global operations team! We offer a challenging and dynamic environment with many opportunities for learning and development.
The couriers are the key player in Glovo’s marketplace. We are looking for an Analyst (Courier Growth) who will find the balance between creativity and data-driven objectivity in such a way that they carry out projects that seem impossible until they come true.
You will be in charge of providing data into the courier planning and forecasting initiatives of the Courier Operations Growth team. Through analytics you will be globally sizing how many couriers do we need (fleet gap) in each city of Glovo and how many new couriers do we need to onboard each week, always maximizing the accuracy of the forecast while aligning with key business stakeholders. The KPIs that you’ll be shaping are one of the most important ones for Operations, since you’ll provide an understanding of the supply situation for each Glovo city later triggering investment/onboarding decisions.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Provide analytical support to the team of more than 20 countries, regional and local teams throughout deeper understanding of Glovo's operations model
- Continuous exploration and optimization of the fleet gap (how many couriers do we need) methodology which will force you to understand the 360º of Glovo’s operations
- Create and maintain the global infrastructure of couriers onboarding targets and settings which will be used by our regional/local teams
- Optimize the current forecasting method of new couriers accounting external factors and potential cappings
- Own dashboards and build new tools to improve the visibility of metrics in the department
- Develop analytical frameworks and models for the area and be able to instruct and communicate for all the department
- Understand and deep-dive into the data to understand the reasons and the levers we can act upon to improve KPIs (and be accountable for them)
- Evaluate strategic opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative analyses and A/B tests
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of the courier acquisition through out-of-the-box thinking
- Understand local and regional needs, and put yourself in the skin of the courier - understand who they are
- Bachelor in Engineering, Maths or any technological domain
- Passionate about analytics: you enjoy deep diving into problems to find the root cause
- Problem-solving skills: no problem is too small or too big
- Excel / Google Sheets proficiency
- Proficient in SQL and Python
- Knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Data Studio & Qlikview
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English is a must)
- Proactive, organized, and obsessed with details
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.