Strategic Account Manager (They/He/She)
Partners & Brands, Warsaw, Poland
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Your work-life opportunity:
Glovo believes that, by giving amazing service to our partners, we will be able to change the on-demand delivery market.
How are we doing this? By thinking big, and paying attention to small details. Glovo’s core product is a marketplace featuring the best restaurants in each city and delivery in less than 60 mins.
Glovo has recently introduced SaaS (Software as a Service) and LaaS (Logistics as a Service) products into our portfolio, to provide for all of our partners’ food ordering and delivery needs. Our SaaS allows partners to easily launch their online channel, and LaaS delivers it to the Customers with Glovo couriers.
Our vision is to offer our partners end-to-end solutions that help them grow and optimize their online and offline businesses. We believe most restaurants and stores will opt for a strategy that combines their channels, with marketplaces (like Glovo). We want Glovo to be the delivery partner of choice, and give them various opportunities to grow their delivery channel, together with marketplace sales (as Glovo).
As Head of On Demand for LaaS On-Demand, you will have a key role in the growth and success of the LaaS team.
This role is the perfect mix of the analytical with the creative - with the gravitas to lead and represent a rapidly growing startup internally at HQ, and externally to the local media and partners.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Be the primary person responsible in Poland for selling and implementing LaaS On-Demand solutions
- Act like the LaaS CEO in Poland with a strategic 360 view of the business unit
- Define the medium and long-term strategy to achieve growth and profitability targets for Poland in the established time
- Own the P&L for Poland working closely with central finance, operations, and marketing teams
- After the development of the product, building, leading, and managing a team of a highly talented team from different departments - including operations, marketing, and sales
- Prioritize top accounts in Poland , identify the solutions, that each partner needs (working closely with local Account Managers), and develop an action plan for how to target and pitch them
- Build and adapt customized proposals for each partner, coordinating with development teams for technical and operations matters, also commercial teams for pricing
- Lead contract negotiations (w/ partner Account Manager) to establish a strong working partnership grounded on sustainable economics for both parties
- Understand partner needs and evaluate product-market fit - collect, compile, and share feedback with the HQ team
- Own the relationship with the partner for everything related to LaaS On-Demand solutions. This means that you will be the main point of contact for new requests, negotiations, development, implementation, and roll-out
- Share feedback from partners with product, and operations teams to generate improvements
- Understand the local environment, and constantly adjust our product to the needs of the market
- Monitor the daily performance of our partners, and help them proactively with ongoing issues and questions
- Monitor financial aspects of the business in Poland: pricing strategy, implementation costs, and continuous profitability through operation costs and recurrent sales, track operational metrics for key partners, ensuring the LaaS service is a success
- This person will be locally based reporting to the General Manager of Poland and indirectly to the HQ team
- Needs to be in constant contact with local account managers (XL accounts particularly) to push all potential deals
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Account Management and/or Business Consultancy
- Farmer profile: customer oriented with strong commercial skills
- Ability to understand complex software needs and translate between restaurant partners and technical teams. Comfortable working with technical product and API integration teams.
- Accountability and ownership for projects from start to finish - can understand the entire funnel and identify where to take actions
- Willingness and ability to coordinate all technical, operational, and commercial aspects
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Project management skills, proactive, highly organized, and detail-oriented
- Problem solver, data-driven, analytical profile
- Motivated by working in a high-growth and high-performance start-up with a fast pace and multiple responsibilities
- Computer literate; good knowledge of G Suite and MS Office, Excel
- Excellent Polish Language and English skills
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Life insurance
- Bookable parking spot
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Free gym memberships in Q22 and Multisports Card
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget
- English / Spanish classes 1x / week
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
- Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://about.glovoapp.com/