Risk Decision Scientist (They/She/He)
Finance, Barcelona, Spain
If you’re here, it’s because you’re looking for an exciting ride.
A ride that will fuel up your ambitions to take on a new challenge and stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone.
We’ll deliver a non-vanilla culture built on talent, where we work to amplify the impact on millions of people, paving the way forward together.
Not your usual app. We are the fastest-growing multi-category app connecting millions of users with businesses, and couriers, offering on-demand services from more than 170,000 local restaurants, grocers and supermarkets, and high street retail stores. We operate in more than 1500 cities across 25 countries. Every year, +200k merchants generate over 4B€ in sales through our platform and over 20M customers get their goods delivered in minutes.
Together we revolutionize the way people connect with their everyday needs, from delivering essentials to connecting our ecosystem of users through innovative solutions powered by technology. For us, every day is filled with purpose.
What makes our ride unique?
🤝 Our culture and strong values.
- We have an ‘’office-first’’ culture and we place collaboration at the center of everything we do!
- We have a non-vanilla personality and feedback mindset. We don’t shy away from difficult conversations - we see them as a gift!
- We work with high intensity and have fun along the way. We also celebrate the wins (a lot!).
- We celebrate diversity in all its forms and foster an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
💪Our career development philosophy.
- We are building a talent house of high performing teams and leaders. We invest in people who raise the bar and help others reach their full potential.
- We take ownership of our career development. We don’t believe in linear and predictable career paths - we create the job of our dreams!
- We embrace opportunities to move the needle and make an impact beyond our scope.
🤝Our commitment to being a force for good.
- Our platform is an important economic tool for millions of people (customers, partners, couriers) and we are taking action to amplify our positive impact.
- We invest in doing good by dedicating time and resources into social and environmental initiatives.
- We have the ambition of being DIB role models across the tech industry. We are creating environments, systems, and processes that provide equal opportunities, break biases, and empower our communities.
We have a vision: To give everyone easy access to anything in their cities. And this is where your ride starts.
Investigate, analyze, and understand fraud & credit losses using statistical tools and on-the-ground research.
Contribute to BI infrastructure of the team managing data and creating dashboards for efficient analytics and reporting.
Assist in developing real-time decisioning and automated fraud detection strategies.
Propose solutions to minimize the risk of fraud and manage fraud detection tools, while creating rules and analyzing fraud patterns.
Suggest and implement experimentations (e.g. A/B test) to mitigate fraud loss rate and customer experience.
Help improve Machine Learning performance and efficiency.
Help Glovo, customers, couriers & partners manage and mitigate risk across all our verticals. For example: chargeback, cash management, refunds, disputes, sign-ups and other areas.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE RIDE
BS/BA or higher degree in a quantitative field, computer science, engineering or extensive experience in operations management.
Outstanding English speaking and writing skills (internal work language).
Experience in SQL with the ability to analyze large quantities of data using statistical analysis tools such as Python, and working with modern BI tools like Tableau or Looker.
Experience in identifying gaps in business strategy, with a focus on fraud.
Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a get things done attitude.
Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the teams.
Individuals representing diverse profiles, encompassing various genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds, are less likely to apply for this role if they do not possess solid experience in 100% of these areas. Even if it seems you don't meet our musts don't let it stop you, we are all about finding the best talent out there! Skills can be learned, and embracing diversity is invaluable.
We believe driven talent deserves:
- 🌟 An enticing equity plan that lets you own a piece of the action.
- 💪 Top-notch private health insurance to keep you at your peak.
- 🍔 Monthly Glovo credit to satisfy your cravings with zero delivery fees on all Glovo orders!
- 💳 Cobee discounts on transportation, food, and even kindergarten expenses.
- 🏊 Discounted gym memberships to keep you energized.
- 🏖️Flexible time off (uncapped vacation days) , the freedom to work from home two days a week, and the opportunity to work from anywhere for up to three weeks a year!
- 👪 Enhanced parental leave, and office-based nursery.
- 🧠 Online therapy and wellbeing benefits to ensure your mental well-being.
- 📚 An external learning budget to fuel your thirst for knowledge and personal growth.
Here at Glovo, we thrive on diversity, we believe it enhances our teams, products, and culture. We know that the best ideas come from a mashup of brilliant diverse minds. This is why we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds - all genders, racial/diverse backgrounds, abilities, ages, sexual orientations and all other unique characteristics that make you YOU. We will encourage you to bring your authentic self to work, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels heard.
Feel free to note your pronouns in your application (e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
So, ready to take the wheel and make this the ride of your life?