Retail Strategic Account Manager
Q-Commerce, Almaty, Kazakhstan
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Your work-life opportunity:
The way we manage our company is built on the belief that, by giving a WOW service to our partners, we will be able to change the on-demand delivery market. How are we doing this? By paying attention to small details. Glovo is a hyper-local marketplace featuring the most trendy places in each city and aiming to deliver their products in 10 to 15 mins only!
As a Retail Strategic Account Manager, you will play a key role in developing the partners’ business (non-food retail chains, home appliances specialists, toy networks, flower and gift chains, drugstore networks and many more) inside Glovo mobile application. You will be responsible for identifying, negotiating and onboarding new partners (nationwide and regional chains) together with Sales Executives who will work in your team, as well as on partners’ support and development (marketing activities, promos) together with your team of Account Managers.
Be a part of a team where you will:
Own strategic partner relationships end to end, including understanding P&L tracking, managing deep product integrations, leading co-marketing efforts to drive awareness and activation, and ensure operational excellence
- Onboard new partners on our platform by providing them all the necessary tools and information to start working
- Be responsible for our partners business performance, analyse their main KPIs and ensure growth MoM. Track and reporting of performance metrics
- Lead contract renegotiations to establish a strong working partnership grounded on sustainable economics for both parties
- Get feedback from our partners and translate it into product, marketing and operations improvement
- Own partner’s assortment → category management
- Be responsible of closing deals with the partners
- Prepare reports and dashboards to present to retail partners and use as source of operational improvements
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
Minimum 4 years of experience in Account Management and/or Business Consultant, in Non Food Retail or in Food Retail Industry
- Analytical mindset
- Problem solver, look for the root-cause of the problem and go for it till make things happen.
- Perfect written and spoken communication
- Customer obsession
- Proactive, organized, and obsessed with details
- Native Kazakh speaker, advanced level of English
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
Top-notch private health insurance
Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
Discounted gym memberships
Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
External learning budget
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance