Head of Commercial - Romania
Partners & Brands, Bucharest, Romania
If you’re here, it’s because you’re looking for an exciting ride.
A ride that will fuel up your ambitions to take on a new challenge and stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone.
We’ll deliver a non-vanilla culture built on talent, where we work to amplify the impact on millions of people, paving the way forward together.
Not your usual app. We are the fastest-growing multi-category app connecting millions of users with businesses, and couriers, offering on-demand services from more than 170,000 local restaurants, grocers and supermarkets, and high street retail stores. We operate in more than 1500 cities across 25 countries. Every year, +200k merchants generate over 4B€ in sales through our platform and over 20M customers get their goods delivered in minutes.
Together we revolutionize the way people connect with their everyday needs, from delivering essentials to connecting our ecosystem of users through innovative solutions powered by technology. For us, every day is filled with purpose.
What makes our ride unique?
🤝 Our culture and strong values.
- We have an ‘’office-first’’ culture and we place collaboration at the center of everything we do!
- We have a non-vanilla personality and feedback mindset. We don’t shy away from difficult conversations - we see them as a gift!
- We work with high intensity and have fun along the way. We also celebrate the wins (a lot!).
- We celebrate diversity in all its forms and foster an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
💪Our career development philosophy.
- We are building a talent house of high performing teams and leaders. We invest in people who raise the bar and help others reach their full potential.
- We take ownership of our career development. We don’t believe in linear and predictable career paths - we create the job of our dreams!
- We embrace opportunities to move the needle and make an impact beyond our scope.
🤝Our commitment to being a force for good.
- Our platform is an important economic tool for millions of people (customers, partners, couriers) and we are taking action to amplify our positive impact.
- We invest in doing good by dedicating time and resources into social and environmental initiatives.
- We have the ambition of being DIB role models across the tech industry. We are creating environments, systems, and processes that provide equal opportunities, break biases, and empower our communities.
We have a vision: To give everyone easy access to anything in their cities. And this is where your ride starts.
You will be responsible for building and developing partnerships with restaurants, and growing their number on the platform while leading your team to deliver aggressive sales and growth targets.
In this role, you will be part of the commercial leadership team for Glovo, working closely with the HQ team.
We're looking for someone who has a mix of operational excellence to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best in our partners, and the strategic, innovative, and creative thinking that's required to develop outside the box solutions, and the emotional intelligence and humility required to lead a fast-paced business and inspire a team of people across different cities.
- Define and implement a long-term commercial strategy for the biggest and smallest partners Romania
- Help local teams build a partner portfolio, create new business opportunities, anticipate issues, and initiate partnership collaborations
- Build processes to scale the commercial effort by focusing on automation, scalability and productivity improvement.
- Lead your direct and indirect team to greatness - hire top talents, help them perform, grow and develop as professionals
- Guide the local commercial teams in order to achieve sales and growth targets and maintain good strong relationships with our partners
- Work hard with your direct team and indirect, helping and guiding them during difficult negotiations to close important deals with top chains and top accounts.
- Drive, structure, analyze and channel daily work and information with local Commercial Managers - setting goals, delegating, and supervising the team’s performance
- Work closely with our HQ Commercial department to define priorities, commissions, rewards, and incentives to motivate the local team
- Coordinate and manage the Commercial KPIs defined together with the Operations and Marketing team
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- Lead and develop a team of +20 individuals
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE RIDE
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in managing a high-performer commercial team; working in multiple countries and markets will be a plus. Previous work experience in a startup / high-demanding environment is preferred.
- Led negotiations of multi-million contracts and you're comfortable of building relationships with C-level of other organizations
- Highly motivated, results-driven, strategic thinker, with strong leadership and business fundamentals
- Data-driven mentality: takes decisions based on data and makes business judgments when necessary
- Strong communication abilities with the ability to influence and drive change
- You’re an owner, you have a natural bias for action, always pushing for things to happen, objective and deadline oriented
- Ability to find smart and elegant solutions to complex, multi-disciplinary problems
- You're extremely agile and thrive in ambiguous environments
- You have an ambition that makes some people think you're crazy while inspiring others
- Local Language and English full professional proficiency
- An empathetic, inclusive, and curious attitude
Individuals representing diverse profiles, encompassing various genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds, are less likely to apply for this role if they do not possess solid experience in 100% of these areas. Even if it seems you don't meet our musts don't let it stop you, we are all about finding the best talent out there! Skills can be learned, and embracing diversity is invaluable.
We believe driven talent deserves:
- 🌟 An enticing equity plan that lets you own a piece of the action.
- 💪 Top-notch private health insurance to keep you at your peak.
- 🍔 Monthly Glovo credit to satisfy your cravings with zero delivery fees on all Glovo orders!
- 💳 Cobee discounts on transportation, food, and even kindergarten expenses.
- 🏊 Discounted gym memberships to keep you energized.
- 🏖️Flexible time off (uncapped vacation days) , the freedom to work from home two days a week, and the opportunity to work from anywhere for up to three weeks a year!
- 👪 Enhanced parental leave, and office-based nursery.
- 🧠 Online therapy and wellbeing benefits to ensure your mental well-being.
- 📚 An external learning budget to fuel your thirst for knowledge and personal growth.
Here at Glovo, we thrive on diversity, we believe it enhances our teams, products, and culture. We know that the best ideas come from a mashup of brilliant diverse minds. This is why we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds - all genders, racial/diverse backgrounds, abilities, ages, sexual orientations and all other unique characteristics that make you YOU. We will encourage you to bring your authentic self to work, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels heard.
Feel free to note your pronouns in your application (e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
So, ready to take the wheel and make this the ride of your life?