General Manager - Armenia (They/She/He)
General Management, Yerevan, Armenia
If you’re here, it’s because you’re looking for an exciting ride.
A ride that will fuel up your ambitions to take on a new challenge and stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone.
We’ll deliver a non-vanilla culture built on talent, where we work to amplify the impact on millions of people, paving the way forward together.
Not your usual app. We are the fastest-growing multi-category app connecting millions of users with businesses, and couriers, offering on-demand services from more than 170,000 local restaurants, grocers and supermarkets, and high street retail stores. We operate in more than 1500 cities across 25 countries. Every year, +200k merchants generate over 4B€ in sales through our platform and over 20M customers get their goods delivered in minutes.
Together we revolutionize the way people connect with their everyday needs, from delivering essentials to connecting our ecosystem of users through innovative solutions powered by technology. For us, every day is filled with purpose.
What makes our ride unique?
🤝 Our culture and strong values.
- We have an ‘’office-first’’ culture and we place collaboration at the center of everything we do!
- We have a non-vanilla personality and feedback mindset. We don’t shy away from difficult conversations - we see them as a gift!
- We work with high intensity and have fun along the way. We also celebrate the wins (a lot!).
- We celebrate diversity in all its forms and foster an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
💪Our career development philosophy.
- We are building a talent house of high performing teams and leaders. We invest in people who raise the bar and help others reach their full potential.
- We take ownership of our career development. We don’t believe in linear and predictable career paths - we create the job of our dreams!
- We embrace opportunities to move the needle and make an impact beyond our scope.
🤝Our commitment to being a force for good.
- Our platform is an important economic tool for millions of people (customers, partners, couriers) and we are taking action to amplify our positive impact.
- We invest in doing good by dedicating time and resources into social and environmental initiatives.
- We have the ambition of being DIB role models across the tech industry. We are creating environments, systems, and processes that provide equal opportunities, break biases, and empower our communities.
We have a vision: To give everyone easy access to anything in their cities. And this is where your ride starts.
As a General Manager of Armenia you will have the unique opportunity to build and scale our on-demand delivery platform in the market.
- Have full P&L responsibility and own business objectives
- Lead and develop a team of 20+ individuals
- Oversee directly multiple departments and areas of responsibility: Qcommerce, marketing, operations, finance, sales, innovation, partnerships, etc.
- Hire top talent, help them perform, grow and develop as professionals
- Devise the long-term strategy for the country
- Analyze business and financial data to take key decisions for the country
- Establish and maintain relationships with CEOs of the top restaurant companies, retailers, CPG and financial institutions
- Establish and maintain relationships with regulators, unions and the government
- Get into details, deepdive and problem solve. You will make things happen together with your team
- Develop new business opportunities, anticipate issues and improve processes
- Be the legal representative of Glovo and act accordingly
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE RIDE
- 5yr+ experience in fast-paced environments (startups, investment banking, top consulting firms, top internet firms)
- Experience leading +15 people cross functional team, have hired senior management and have been involved in re-organizations
- Led negotiations of contracts and you're comfortable of building relationships with C-level of other organizations
- Led P&L with full ownership and multiple departments including sales, operations, marketing and main core functions of a company
- You are capable of inspiring teams, including senior management of 5yr+ of experience. You attract talent and are obsessed about high performance and raising the bar
- You're persuasive in the most pleasant possible way and have no trouble selling anything
- You’re an expert on managing stakeholders, working with peers and leveraging other teams aspiring to do what’s best for the company
- Data-driven mentality: takes decision based on data and makes business judgment when necessary
- You’re an owner, you have a natural bias for action, always pushing for things to happen, objective and deadline oriented
- You ensure the highest standards for you and your team with the deliverables and business objectives
- You have an ambition and energy that makes some people think you're crazy while inspiring others
- You are always a step ahead, proactive with potential problems/opportunities and always thinking how to be better
Individuals representing diverse profiles, encompassing various genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds, are less likely to apply for this role if they do not possess solid experience in 100% of these areas. Even if it seems you don't meet our musts don't let it stop you, we are all about finding the best talent out there! Skills can be learned, and embracing diversity is invaluable.
We believe driven talent deserves:
- 🌟 An enticing equity plan that lets you own a piece of the action.
- 💪 Top-notch private health insurance to keep you at your peak.
- 🍔 Monthly Glovo credit to satisfy your cravings!
- 🏖️ Extra time off, the freedom to work from home two days a week, and the opportunity to work from anywhere for up to three weeks a year!
- 👪 Enhanced parental leave
- 🧠 Online therapy and wellbeing benefits to ensure your mental well-being.
Here at Glovo, we thrive on diversity, we believe it enhances our teams, products, and culture. We know that the best ideas come from a mashup of brilliant diverse minds. This is why we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds - all genders, racial/diverse backgrounds, abilities, ages, sexual orientations and all other unique characteristics that make you YOU. We will encourage you to bring your authentic self to work, fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels heard.
Feel free to note your pronouns in your application (e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
So, ready to take the wheel and make this the ride of your life?