Finance Controler Team Lead - Kazakhstan (They/She/He)
Finance, Almaty, Kazakhstan
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Your work-life opportunity:
Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide an on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world.
We are looking for an Business Administration and Accounting graduated with several years of experience on the financial field to join us as the new Financial Controller in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Be a part of a team where you will:
Support the monthly closing process (local+regional)
Prepare the monthly reporting to HQ (PL, BS)
Ensure correct mapping of income/expenses and reporting accuracy
Participate in budgeting and analyze the variances
Drive cost savings and implement cost control system
Support both internal/external audit
Manage internal control and compliance (risk management)
Improve internal processes related to accounting/finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Accounting required, Master’s degree is a plus.
- 4+ years of audit/Controlling Experience. A combination of national and international exposure is a plus. Preferably Big Four background.
- A strong technical knowledge of accounting and compliance issues. Knowledge of digital industry issues a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Navision or other general ledger packages is a plus.
- Proficient with Excel while applying strong analytical skills in the manipulation and understanding of data.
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment, prioritizes multiple projects, meets all deadlines, and is dependable with a sense of personal responsibility for quality work product.
- Detail oriented, results oriented.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Commitment to process improvement and exceptional attention to detail
- Adaptable to changing priorities with a commitment to ethical responsibilities
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
Enticing equity plan
Top-notch private health insurance
Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance