Data Scientist - Logistics/Operations (They/She/He)
Data Science, Barcelona, Spain (Hybrid)
Not your usual app. We are the fastest-growing multi-category app connecting millions of users with businesses, and couriers, offering on-demand services from more than 170,000 local restaurants, grocers and supermarkets, and high street retail stores.
We operate in more than 1500 cities across 25 countries. Every year, +200k merchants generate over 4B€ in sales through our platform and over 20M customers get their goods delivered in minutes.
We have a vision: To give everyone easy access to anything in their cities.
And this is where your ride starts…
We are looking for a talented and passionate Data Scientist to join the Logistics Data team in our Barcelona HQ.
Data Science, Machine Learning and Optimisation are key drivers of Glovo’s business. Data scientists at Logistics own some of the most impactful models for the company, including our order dispatching engine, demand forecasting models, supply and demand balancing optimisations, and all our time estimations models. As a Data Scientist, you will have the opportunity to work on Data Science projects that are central to the operations of the company.
- Develop, test and productionize predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and optimisation models
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. A/B testing)
- Contribute to one or more of the following areas: time estimations models, demand forecasting models, supply and demand balancing optimisations, dispatching engine improvements and optimisation.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Work in cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering and operations, amongst others.
- Be on top of new technologies and industry trends.
- Promote best in class standards, taking inspiration from the thought leaders in the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE RIDE
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in at-least one of the following areas: traditional machine learning, geospatial data science, statistical inference, time series analysis and forecasting, mathematical optimisation.
- Extensive experience with the end-to-end predictive/prescriptive model development cycle, from problem definition to productionalization and maintenance. This includes:
- Strong data modelling and SQL skills.
- Familiarity with orchestration tools (Airflow, Luigi, Dagster) and cloud infrastructures (GCP, AWS, Azure).
- Extensive experience using the Python ML and DS ecosystem
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English, as you will use it to collaborate with stakeholders and senior management from diverse backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of agile development.
- Change management skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills in communicating with experts and novices
GOOD TO HAVE :
- Experience in applying Data Science techniques to logistics problems.
- At least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Physics, or Statistics.
Even if it seems you don't meet our musts don't let it stop you, we are all about finding the best talent out there! Skills can be learned, and embracing diversity is invaluable.
We believe driven talent deserves:
- 🌟 An enticing equity plan
- 💪 Top-notch private health insurance to keep you at your peak.
- 🍔 Monthly Glovo meal benefits so you can test new features in our beta app (and to satisfy your cravings!)
- 💳 Discounts on transportation, food, and even kindergarten expenses or office-based nursery.
- 🏊 Discounted gym memberships to keep you energized.
- 🏖️ The freedom to work from home two days a week, and the opportunity to work from anywhere for up to three weeks a year. .
- 👪 Enhanced parental leave (*if applicable)
- 🧠 Online therapy and wellbeing benefits
At Glovo, we truly value diversity for the positive impact it brings to our teams, products, and culture. We're dedicated to providing equal opportunities for talent from all backgrounds.
Feel free to note your pronouns in your application (e.g., she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).