Area Manager (They/She/He)
International, Astana, Kazakhstan
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Your work-life opportunity:
In Glovo, we want to change the way consumers buy groceries, and we believe that if we want to revolutionize the industry, we need to deliver a WOW experience to our clients. To reach this WOW effect you will be managing and coordinating our different darkstores within your city. Your goal will be to quickly adapt the operation of each darkstore, co-managing the assortment and pricing and to be a hero leader to your team.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Manage, control and direct of Q-commerce Glovo MFC (micro fulfillment centers = Glovo stores) and continuously improve I) functionality II) level of service in order to achieve our Customer Experience goals.
- Manage staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/ Six Sigma initiatives necessary to enable the Operations plans.
- Manage a team of Store Managers with responsibility for each store within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment.
- Set the requirements and expectations for Store Managers, Supervisors and Pickers.
- Measure performance through metrics, providing feedback, and holding Store Managers and supervisors accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams.
- Be proactive and ensure that best practices are shared across all MFCs and shifts.
- Work closely with other teams (HR, Category Management, Finance, Facility contractors, Safety Manager, LiveOps...) to create and implement initiatives.
- Supervise the maintenance of the working environment ensuring health and safety standards across your stores.
- Achieve stock accuracy targets.
- Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labor and daily production goals.
- Improve quality and eliminate errors, reducing business costs. Data driven, task-solving and very meticulous
- Manage and report main KPIs on a weekly basis.
- Perform administrative duties, and additional functions, as needed and determined by management.
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- 4-8 years of experience as a manager in retail
- Relevant experience communicating with senior leadership
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations or related fields
- Lean management methodologies
- Problem solving & analytical skills
- Excel proficiency
- Good communicator
- Proficiency in Kazakh and English.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
Top-notch private health insurance
Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
Discounted gym memberships
Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance