Finance, Tunis, Tunisia
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Your work-life opportunity:
We are looking for an accountant, to undertake all accounting activity for different companies and partner with the business to ensure that the requirements are being met whilst at the same time ensuring that Glovo meets all its internal and external reporting and control requirements.
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Maintain company’s accounting books according to the statutory regulations.
- Complete General Accounting activity and posting of accruals as required as a part of the monthly financial reporting process
- Complete assigned accounting activities to support the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- Review income statement and balance sheet discrepancies and escalate to management if necessary
- Conducts General Audit of all Accounting Ledgers on a regular basis.
- Assist with external audits
- Responsible for complying with local requirements related to tax and accounting
- Ensures accurate and timely Financial statements to be submitted to the Group.
- Handle tax accounting according to tax legislation.
- Ensure that all VAT accounts reflect the prevailing business nature.
- Follow the changes in company policy, tax regulations and legislation.
- Provide full tax support to partners.
- Check all original documents (contracts, acts, VAT declarations, etc.) for the company interest.
- Ensure all accounting/financial Policies and Procedures are adopted in line with prevailing legislation.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP principles
- Control and confirm all the invoices received and issued through the invoicing platform
- Operate within a robust and internal control environment
Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- Bachelor's Degree from related departments (Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, etc...)
- 4+ years of applicable accounting work experience in Accounting for multinational companies
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP's and pivot tables
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP/IFRS)
- A strong command over English with an ability to understand and communicate clearly and effectively
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process
- Familiarity with financial statements
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics/Navision or other general ledger packages is a plus
- A good capacity for adaptation
- A sense of business & pragmatic analysis
- A good organization & planning skills
- An analytical way of thinking
An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
Experience our Glovo Life benefits:
Top-notch private health insurance
Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
Flexible time off (take the time you need)
Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
What you’ll find when working at Glovo:
Gas: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
- Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
- Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
- Care: Uplift people and the planet
- Glownership: Act as proud owners
- High Bar: Focus on Top Performance